Lift, lengthen, and tone with these 5 Cardio Ballet moves
Cardio Ballet is high-energy circuit dance studio training which combines strength and elegance of the movements at the same time. In addition to sculpting your muscles, these types of movements also strengthen your core. Cardio Ballet is based on different exercises which will lift, lengthen and tone your body.
Ballet dancers have muscular and lean bodies because they work really hard in the Dance Studio.
If you want to improve your health, posture, and body, take part in Cardio Ballet classes in the RMagination Dance Studio. Here are five moves below to lift, lengthen and tone your body. You can also add more exercises to your workout if needed.
Intensity level: Medium
Targets: core, arms, legs, glutes, back
Type: flexibility, strength, low-impact
- Lie on the back, heels together, toes out, feet planted on the floor.
- Lift your hips as high as possible and pulse upward from that point.
- Repeat this workout at least 30 times
- Lie face down on the floor. Legs together, arms extended overhead.
- Engage your core and lift arm and legs of the floor. Sweep arms and legs toward each other, then come back to the starting position.
- Keep your limbs up throughout the whole series of reps.
- Repeat at least 30 times
- Stand straight, heels together, toes out. Hold a set of light weights.
- Lift the weights overhead and then return them to the starting position. Your elbows should go on the way down and up, softly, like swan wings.
- Do not let your shoulders creep up to your ears.
- Begin in a kneeling position, push the hips forward, and bend into the front knee.
- For a deeper stretch, pull the back foot in toward your butt and lift the left hand as you twist toward the right. Stay in this position at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side
Roll-ups with a twist
- Lie on the mat, pulling in tight through the stomach with your arms lifted.
- Pull in with your abs as you lift the body up and twist to one side.
- Repeat at least 10 times on each side